U.S. Taxes for Americans in France

As a U.S. citizen or green card holder living in France, you are subject to U.S. income taxation on your worldwide income and are required to file a U.S. income tax return. Sanders US Tax Services can help you file your U.S. tax return, advise you on filing from abroad, and answer any other questions you may have about U.S. taxes.

Late on your U.S. Taxes?

If you are late on your U.S. taxes, we can help you get compliant. If you have never filed a U.S. tax return, for example because you did not realize you were required to do so, you may qualify for the Streamlined Procedures.

Double Taxation

Unlike most other countries, the United States taxes its citizens on their worldwide income, even if they reside overseas. However, taxes paid in France can be credited against your U.S. tax liability. In addition, the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion allows you to exclude up to $102.100 from your foreign income. The tax treaty between France and the United States may also provide relief for double taxation.

More Information

Contact us if you have any questions about US taxes when living abroad, US tax preparation or need US tax advice. Our tax professionals have helped many Americans living overseas with their US tax filings and get back into tax compliance.


Contact us with any questions you may have about U.S. taxes for Americans living in France. We will respond as soon as possible.

I understand and agree that no client relationship will be created with Sanders US Tax Services or any of its employees by submitting this form. I understand that Sanders US Tax Services will not provide me with any advice until a client relationship has been established. Sanders US Tax Services is under no obligation to reply or respond to any questions I may ask.