Yes. If you are a U.S. person and you have signature authority over your employer’s accounts, you may be required to report those accounts on your FBAR. You have signature authority over an account if you have access to the account. For example, if you are authorized to make transfers or to communicate with the bank regarding the account, you have may have a reporting requirement. You are required to report your foreign financial accounts by filing an FBAR if the aggregate value of all your foreign financial accounts (i.e. the financial accounts in which you have a financial interest and the accounts over which you have signature authority only) exceeds $10,000 at any time during the calendar year reported.

Please contact us with any questions you may have about reporting your employer’s accounts over which you have signature authority.